Sunday 13 December 2009
[0 comments | Labels: ]

I can't differentiate poetry from prose,
Literary devices from poetry devices,
Expository from narrative,
TS Eliot from CS Lewis.

Poetry is like a spiral stairwell,
to me.
It spirals and spirals and as the stairwell ends,
giddy.

On one dark Saturday night,

I wrote:
Enrolling myself into an elective potentially filled with a sea of Lit students doing a Minor in Creative Writing is akin to a failed suicide attempt. But should one be afraid of committing suicide just because of the 0.00001% chance of it becoming failed suicide attempt?

One should never be afraid of the unknown,
as well as the known.
But one should never commit suicide either.

The Spiral Stairwell is my first baby,
my first baby steps towards suicide.

0 comments

Post a Comment